When it’s time to choose a type of door for the doorway to the backyard or patio, you have several options to choose from. One of those options includes glass sliding doors. Here are the pros and cons about these doors to help you decide if they are the right choice for you.
- Easy access: One of the greatest advantages of glass sliding doors is how easy it is to use them. Even if you’re carrying a full platter of food to the patio for a backyard barbecue, you can still easily slide it open and shut without the difficulty of twisting a doorknob.
- No limits on space: Another advantage of glass sliding doors is that there is no limit on space. They slide on one axis, so you don’t have to worry about having enough room to swing open a door. You can even have a chair set close to the doors and still get through the door easily without any issues.
- Great views: Another advantage of glass sliding doors, or glass doors in general, is the great view they offer. You can have a great view to your backyard while also allowing natural lighting into your home.
- Falling off track: One disadvantage to glass sliding doors is having them come off the track. This can make it difficult to open and close them. If this does happen, however, you can give us a call, and we can repair it right away.
- A little more cleaning: One other disadvantage of glass sliding doors is the amount of cleaning they might require. As with any glass, they can be easily and noticeably smudged by sticky hands or wet pet noses. These smudges can be easily wiped away though with a basic glass cleaner. You might also get a buildup of dirt or dust in the tracks if you don’t clean them regularly.